- Students will be able to describe the essential features of a LASER.
They will understand a laser as an electromagnetic oscillator which combines
light amplification with feedback.
- Chapters 11.1 - 11.3, 11.6 - 11.10
Quantum effects in large systems
- After completing this module students will understand how energy
quantization and the fact that elementary particles of the same type are
indistinguishable leads to observable effects in large systems.
- Chapters 15.1 - 15.4, 13.9 - 13.12
- After completing this module students will be familiar with some of the
properties of insulators, conductors, and semi-conductors.
- Chapters 13.4, 13,5, 14.1 - 14.5, 14.8